About PHASES

Atlanta, Georgia, United States
I named my page PHASES because, as women we go through all types of PHASES in our lives. I want you to follow me through the PHASES in my life and the growth I go through. I'm here to bring you TRUTH, not ILLUSIONS. The things we see on television, the internet, magazines, and even what we hear from some friends and family are ILLUSIONS. It's what society makes you believe you should look, what you should eat, how to raise our children, what we should do, say, buy, and even think. PHASES want to improve your way of life by letting you think for yourself and have what the spirit wants you to have. Here, I want women of color make and exchange our own clothes, art, sculptures, music, and also ideas. Everything is spiritually inspired to help you through all PHASES of life and expel what we've been brainwashed to do. That's what I want to do, EXPEL WHAT I'VE BEEN BRAINWASHED TO BELIEVE. WELCOME TO PHASES! Princess Ominah

PLEASE, LEAVE A MESSAGE


Tuesday, February 5, 2008

GREENS!!!

This recipe is courtesy of nattral.com. I had the pleasure to meet Sista Afya at her home here in Atlanta last year for a bar-b-que and her food is DELICIOUS. I'm open to many types of food and vegan is one that my taste buds are trying to get used to, but I tell you, she has a special touch when it comes to vegetarian style food!


Collard Greens

The cooking time on the greens depends on you. They will be lighter, less tender, but will retain more vitamins the less they are cooked. The longer they are cooked the more tender they will be.

Ingredients:
2 tbsp oil
5 cloves garlic
1/4 cup onions, chopped
1/2 cup tomatoes, diced
1 bunch of collards, washed and chopped
1/2-1 cup veggie broth or water
2 tsp granulated garlic
1 tbsp soy sauce
Pinch of black pepper or cayenne
Sea salt to taste

Directions:
1. Stack greens and cut of stems
2. Roll stack of greens and cut into thin shreds about 1/4 -1/2 inch thick
3. Wash in a strainer until fully cleaned.
4. Saute garlic and onion in oil on med/low heat until soft (3-5) min
5. Add tomatoes and greens, saute for 5 min
6. Add veggie broth, garlic powder, soy sauce and pepper cook for 15
min, cover, stirring occasionally.

Sea salt and black pepper to taste.

No comments: